Thursday, October 11, 2012

10 Day Challenge: Nine Loves


1. I love this song. I heard it the other day on the radio for the first time and I've been playing it on repeat ever since. It’s so beautiful!


2. I love Transcription Phonetics. This is my favorite class this quarter! The purpose of the class is to learn how transcribe words they way they are heard instead of the way they are spelled. I feel like I’m learning a secret language and I really love it. For example, “Karissa Knight is a junior at Loma Linda University” would be transcribed as, "kərɪsə naɪt ɪz e dʒunjɚ æt lomə lɪndə unɪvɝsɪtɪ." I lʌv ɪt!

3. I love my family. I am so blessed! I couldn't have asked for a better one.

4. I love Twizzlers Cherry Bites. I think they were invented for me. :)

5. I love sewing. Growing up my Grandma made Ali, my cousins, and me all kinds of clothes, doll clothes, blankets, and stuff from her little sewing machine. I'd wanted to learn how to sew for a while, so this summer I went over to her house for a lesson. She's the best! I fell in love. I spent the rest of my summer on sewing projects. Here are some of my the completed ones:
The valences my Grandma and I made and my first independent project: a heart pillow!
My ruffle shams. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. These took me two full days. I laughed, cried and griped over these things. But they are done and I'm never getting (or making) new ones.
Computer sleeve from Sweet Verbena

Anthro-inspired curtains from Besserina. These were pretty simple, just time consuming. I watched 3 movies as I made them!


6. I love these kids so very much!


7. I love this verse. My favorite. “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

8. I love sunrises and sunsets. I love how they're different everywhere and every day. I wish I could watch them all. 

9. Most of all, I love God. Time with Him is the best part of my day.

P.S. I really loved this quote from chapel! "Our greatest treasures are who we love and who we are loved by, not who we are or what we have."

1 comment:

Ebeye Time